The purpose of this document is to provide the steps needed to prepare your student devices for the upcoming CMAS testing.
Almost all students will be using their district issued iPads for testing.
For students that are unable to use their district iPad (broken/missing/not charged), please have them use a Chromebook laptop computer. To that end, please ensure that the campus has enough Chromebook computers ready to cover 10% of your testing students.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT USE Macintosh or Windows computers (labs or carts) for testing.
What to Do Before Testing
- All iPads that are going to be used for assessment must be running iPadOS 14 or later
- Please verify that every student device that is going to be used for CMAS is running iPadOS 14 or later
- Please verify that every student device that is going to be used for CMAS is running iPadOS 14.x, or 15.2 or later. This needs to be done before installing the TestNav App.
- Follow these instructions to have your students update their device
- IMPORTANT – iPadOS 15.0 or 15.1 are NOT supported and those devices need to be updated to run 15.2 or later.
- The TestNav app will be available for download in Self Service
- Follow these instructions to install the application and verify it is functional
- All iPads will need to be installed in the standard Logitech iPad Keyboard case for testing
- All units must be updated to Chrome OS Version 96 or higher
- It is recommended that all Chromebook laptop computers are checked for the presence of the TestNAV app and to verify that the app is working properly
For the Day of Testing
- All students need to have their district issued iPads with them
- All other devices (cell phones, etc) must be fully powered down
- It is critical that all iPads arrive at school FULLY CHARGED for the day of testing
- Please keep some Chromebook carts available and ready for testing
- If a student forgets, does not charge, or has any issue with their district iPad, the Chromebook will be the device they will be using
Please contact Eric Pierce ([email protected] or ext. 57738) with any questions.