Help! I am trying to access a file/document that was shared with me but I keep getting this message
This message is often received by St. Vrain Valley School District (SVVSD) Staff and Students when trying to access a file or folder that was shared by someone else within the district. You will notice that at the bottom of the image it shows that this user is not signed in to their district (@svvsd.org) Google account. This is a problem because files in the district are often only shared with others in the district and cannot be accessed by non-district accounts.
Steps to Sign Out of a Personal Google Account and into a SVVSD Account:
- Open a Web browser and go to https://www.google.com
- Select the Google Account Icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen
- If there is no Google Account Icon, skip to step 4
3. Select Sign Out
4. Select Sign in
5. Enter your full @svvsd.org email address
6. Sign into the St. Vrain Sign-On Site
You should now be able to access files and folders shared with your SVVSD account in Google Drive.
If you are still having issues accessing files shared with you in Google Drive follow these steps:
- Reach out to the owner of the file to ensure that the sharing settings are configured properly
- Try Clearing the Browser Data on your device