This article will help guide a staff member through the process of updating their macOS device to the latest St. Vrain-supported operating system.
This upgrade will download 6GB of data to your device. Please be aware that this download may impact the network you are connected to. Upgrading on the district’s network is encouraged, although not required.
BACKING UP YOUR DATA
While this process generally does not result in any loss of data, it is strongly recommended that you back up your data to an appropriate location before updating.
Self Service will allow you flexibility to install applications or run upgrades on your device as needed.
To upgrade *YOUR* macOS device to the latest macOS version:
- Quit all applications on your computer. This includes Firefox, Chrome, or any other application you have used recently.
- Restarting your computer is recommended before starting this process.
- Connect your computer to power.
- Open Self Service on your macOS device.
- Once Self Service launches click on Log In in the upper right.
- Enter your district credentials in the login window. (username and password only – no @svvsd.org)
- After logging in, a new category called “OS” will be available if an upgrade is available for that computer.
- Select the current option available. Currently this is “macOS Mojave Upgrade.” If there is not at least 15GB of free space it will not be eligible for the upgrade in Self Service. Please clean up some space to allow it to qualify for the upgrade.
- Read the information regarding this upgrade, and then click Install.
- The latest upgrade will be downloaded at this time. You may see the following alert:
- Once the download is complete you may see the following warning:
The following requirements must be met:
15 GB of free space
Plugged into power
Once you have corrected the issue(s), please attempt to run the upgrade from Self Service again.
- The following screen should be last thing you see before the computer restarts and completes the upgrade: