This article describes how to transfer all of the information from your Shared Home Drive (also known as your Citrix My Documents) to your Google Drive.
Although District Technology Services (DTS) plans to maintain access to the Shared Drives, there are a few advantages of moving them to Google Drive:
- Your district Google Drive has no data limit
- Google Drive can be more easily accessed than the Shared Home Share
- Google Drive can work on any device that is connected to the Internet, while the Shared Home Drive can only be accessed from a district computer while on the svvsd Wi-Fi network
To start the process, you must access your Shared Home Drive. If you are not familiar with the process follow the steps in this district Knowledge Base article.
- Once you have connected to the Shared Home Drive on your computer, you will need to launch Google Chrome
- Google Drive can be used on any Web browser, but uploading many documents at once works better with Google Chrome
- In Google Chrome navigate to https://drive.svvsd.org
- Sign in with your district username and password
- Click the New icon on the top left and select Folder Upload
- On your computer, navigate to your Home Shared Drive
- Select the first folder in your Shared Home Drive and click Upload
- Repeat this process for the remaining folders in your Shared Home Drive
Note: The time to complete this process may vary depending on the amount of data you have stored in your Shared Home Drive.