Connecting iPad wirelessly to your computer
- Laptop must be on, running OS 10.11.6 or later, connected to SVVSD Wi-Fi.
- Laptop must have AirServer open and plugged into the Room Media System (projector system).
- The iPad must be on the SVVSD Wi-Fi network (not on svvsd-guest), and must be running iOS 10.3.3 or later. All iPads distributed through the Learning Technology Plan (LTP) meet the iOS requirement.
- Note: If you are not on the latest OS on your laptop or do not have AirServer installed on your district issued LTP laptop, please submit a work ticket.
To open Control Center, swipe down from the upper right corner of the iPad display, where the battery indicator icon is.
The Screen Mirroring icon, highlighted below, should be visible. Tap on Screen Mirroring.
Note: If only the AirDrop icon is visible, make sure that the iPad is connected to SVVSD wireless. If it is connected properly, use Control Center to turn wireless off and back on (the wave symbol highlighted in white above of the AirPlay icon below).
Find the name of your computer by using your finger to scroll up or down the list. Once the name of your computer is found, tap on the name you wish to connect to. (should have been set to last name – room number in the AirServer setup article).
- If your AirServer security option is set to “Ask Me,” click Yes to allow the connection.
- If your AirServer security option is set to “Onscreen Passcode,” a 4-digit passcode will appear on the computer screen.
- Note: If laptop is plugged into Room Media System (projector system) and the computer is setup to mirror your computer display it will also
- If your AirServer security option is set to “Fixed Password,” type in the password set during AirServer setup.
- After connecting tap on your screen to hide the AirPlay Mirroring list. Then tap a 2nd time to hide the control center. You should now see a window on your computer screen showing your iPad.
Congratulations! You are connected to your computer and ready to model instruction and use of your iPad to your students and staff like a champion!
Disconnect your iPad when done using AirPlay
- On your iPad swipe down to open Control center and tap on the name of your AirPlay Mirroring session.
- At the top of your AirPlay list tap on Turn Off AirPlay Mirroring. You have ended your AirPlay session to your computer.