Filtering and Sorting the Grade Book
Filtering options determine which students and/or assignments display in the Grade Book.
Sorting options change the order in which assignments display in the Grade Book. Additionally, each column in the Grade Book has double arrows in the header, which can be used to sort the Grade Book by that column (alphabetically by student name or numerically by score or grade).
Open the Sort window to sort how assignments display horizontally in the Grade Book. These options are saved with the Grade Book and apply each time you open or reload it.
For assignments, the Sort By option determines how assignments are grouped in the Grade Book, by Category (alphabetically, then by sequence), Sequence, or Due Date.
The Sort Order option determines the order of assignments:
- Category: If categories are sequenced, assignments are sorted by category sequence, then assignment sequence, then due date, then assignment name. If categories are not sequenced, assignments are sorted alphabetically by category name, then assignment sequence, then assignment name, then due date. Ascending sorts categories alphabetically beginning with A or numerically by sequence beginning with the lowest number. Descending sorts categories reverse alphabetically or numerically by sequence beginning with the highest number.
- Sequence: Ascending sorts lowest sequence to highest. Descending sorts highest sequence to lowest.
- Date: Ascending sorts earliest due date to latest. Descending sorts latest due date to earliest.
Past the midway point of the term, it may be useful to reverse the order in which assignments appear.
Click the pair of arrows that appear in many column headers in the Grade Book to sort students by the values in that column.
- Click once to sort students ascending by column value with the highest value at the top.
- Click twice to sort students descending by column value with the lowest value at the top.
- Click three times to return to sort alphabetically by student name.
- You can also sort students alphabetically using the arrows at the top of the Students column.
Filtering By Students and Assignments
Open the Filter window to filter the Students and Assignments that display in the Grade Book. With the exception of the Settings > Filter Defaults, these options are reset each time you reopen or reload the Grade Book.
When filters are set, a blue dot appears in the Filter button. In the filter window, counts display next to each option. These counts are dynamic based on the options selected.
Teachers have the option of posting grades when a Student Group or Individual Student is selected.
|Grade||Shows only students who have a Passing or Failing grade in the section. This filter is based on In Progress Grade and the Grading Scale selected in the grade calculation options.|
|Student Group||Shows only students who are in the selected group(s).|
|Score Flag||Shows only students who have at least one assignment marked with the selected score flag. All assignments (rather than only flagged ones) display, unless the corresponding score flag is marked in the assignment filters.|
Search for an individual student to exclude all others from view. This option is helpful when showing a student only their scores during a meeting or parent-teacher conference.
|Category||Show only assignments in the selected category(s).|
|Student Group||Shows only assignments assigned to the selected group(s).|
|Score Flag||Shows only assignments that have the selected score flag marked for at least one student. All students (rather than only flagged ones) display, unless the corresponding score flag is marked in the student filters.|
Shows only assignments due during the calendar week(s) selected.
These options can be set as the default Grade Book view that apply automatically when you open or reload the Grade Book.
|Individual Assignment||Search for an individual assignment to only view that|