IMPORTANT! Time is of the essence in this process. Please make sure that teachers and students know to report any loss or theft immediately.
What do I do if a teacher can’t find a classroom set iPad?
- First, ensure that school administration is informed.
- A school administrator or LTP Missing iPad Designee can follow these directions to locate an iPad that’s connected to the school network.
- If the iPad is not able to be located, have your school administration or Missing iPad Designee submit a work ticket using this form. Include as much information as possible. (Note that this is only available via login by a school administrator or missing iPad Designee.)
- In addition to initiating tracking, DTS staff will implement procedures that should render the device unusable and provide onscreen contact information for return of the device to the district.
If I still cannot locate the device, what do I do next?
- If requested by DTS, submit a police report and/or risk management claim.
- DTS will notify the person submitting the report of the cost, if any to the building.
- DTS will provide a replacement. In Destiny, DTS will set the status of the item to lost. It will be transferred out of your inventory. Please do not check the device in.