If you professionally use a different name than the legal name used in your email address, you can change your display name using Manage your Google Account. This will not affect your email address, but it will change the way your name appears to others.
To do this, you will need to edit your Google Account Personal Info. Follow these steps to change your display name:
- Log into your Google Account at https://myaccount.google.com
- Select Personal Info on the lefthand side
- Select your Name under Personal Info in the Profile box
- Select the pencil icon to the right of your name
- Type your professional name within the First name and Last name fields
- Select Done to change your name
- Click on Google Account in the upper left corner to return to your account information.
You are also able to add, edit and set up additional information and options for your Google Account from this page. For more information about your Google Account page, check out Google Account Help.
Note: Unprofessional display names, as determined by your supervisor, are not allowed.