Verify that all classroom equipment (iPads, accessories, etc.) are accounted for and undamaged. Add a line item on teacher check-out sheets for this task.
- Screen is undamaged (remove front cover to inspect)
- No corner damage from drop or impact (remove front cover to inspect)
- iPad is not bent
- iPad can be powered on
- Home and volume buttons are working
- Headphone jack is not obstructed
- iPad case is in good repair
Put in a ticket for any damaged iPad before leaving for the summer to ensure that these are repaired before students return in the fall.
- Fully charge the iPads
- Disconnect the iPads and turn them off, leaving them disconnected for the summer so they don’t inadvertently turn on and run down the battery
- Unplug the iPad storage cabinet for the summer
- Delete all student content from the iPad (pictures, movies, content in apps, etc.)
- Update all classroom iPads to the latest version of the operating system
Erase all content and settings on the iPads and set them back up as new devices. This will delete all student content and you’ll have to re-install apps from the MDM. Click here to see a list of all LTP apps available to elementary devices.
Check in the iPads in May and check them back out again in August. Directions for checking in and out can be found here.
Leave the iPads checked out to the teacher over the summer (they may show up as overdue) and then renew the items in Destiny when returning in August. Consider whether or not you will be collecting and storing iPads and if teachers will be receiving the same iPads in the fall. Also consider whether teachers will be switching rooms and taking their iPads with them or leaving them in the classroom.
Keep the iPads locked in the storage cabinets in the classrooms over the summer.
Collect the iPads and store them together in a secure location. (Let the mobile device team know where these are stored and how to access the location.) Consider whether the classroom will used for summer classes and if these classes need access to the technology. Also consider whether teachers will get the same iPads back or if they will be restored and set up as new devices the following fall.
Collect and store both keys in a secure location for the summer, labeling the keys with the room in which the cabinet lives.
Leave one key with the teacher and the second key in a secure location. Consider whether the school will need access to the iPads over the summer and the process for collecting the key if the teacher leaves.
Last updated by mccartney_jennifer on 2017-04-21 10:05:43