Email is a wonderful tool we use every day. It is also a popular target for hackers, spammers, and phishers. Due to these threats, extra caution must be taken when using email to send student, employee, or any other secure data.
Take the following steps when sending student and/or all secure information via email to non-svvsd.org addresses.
- Before you send secure data to any outside recipient you must verify they have a district or site-based Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Addendum on file.
- Double-check with the recipient that the email address is the correct one for this kind of data transmission.
- Never send secure data in the body of the email.
- Secure information needs to be a sent as an encrypted attachment (see Related Resources below).
- De-encryption passkeys should never be delivered by email. They should be communicated by alternate means such as a phone call.
- Protect an Excel file – Microsoft
- Password protect documents, workbooks, and presentations – Microsoft
Last updated by magyar_dan on 2016-09-06 04:51:38