Author or Editor: Nick McCormick - Edit

Annual Tasks Timeline

We’ve mapped out the set of tasks that occur every year as well as the group responsible for the tasks. You can find the specific dates on the LTP project status page, here’s an overview of the entire list.

Date Task Department/Group
Early August * Begin LTP Support process email series to schools Help Desk
Early August Request VPP token from schools/departments for App purchases Manager IT
Early August * Request IP Whitelist for Apple ID creation during student iPad distribution Security
Early August * Hold MDM training and kickoff meetings LTP Manager
Early August * Confirm stock of spares/full sized iPads/accessories with schools DTS Office
Early August * Assign Insurance fee to all LTP students who are current on insurance fees IC Programmer
Early August Create DTS staffing plan for school distribution and set up phone number for device distribution night emergency calls Support manager
Mid-August Begin Mac and iPad email series to new teachers in the district Help Desk
Late August Send reminder to all parents of Insurance pool closing date and invite to Family Connections newsletter Help Desk
Early September * Void insurance fee for all students who did not opt in (Close insurance pool) IC Programmer
Early September Begin sending series of beginner Shoutpoint messages to new families Help Desk
Mid-September Review school stock on hand and recover excess inventory housed at schools Inventory Clerk
Late September Update DTS surplus stock counts of iPads and cases and purchase if needed Inventory Clerk and Manager IT
Late September * Begin Annual Staff iPad reconciliation Inventory Clerk
Mid-October * Teacher order for iPads and Case Manager IT
Mid-October Renew Staff iPads in Destiny Inventory Clerk and, Destiny Programmer
Late October Send reminder to schools for unpaid insurance balance DTS Office
Early November Review school stock on hand and recover excess inventory housed at schools Inventory Clerk
Before Thanksgiving * Send email to parents on care during the holidays Help Desk
Early December Review iPal account and purchase VPP vouchers LTP Manager
Mid-December Activate and send reminder to schools for half insurance active Help Desk
Before Christmas Send email to parents on care during the holidays Help Desk
Early January Renew push notification and in house app certificates Special Projects manager and Support Manager
Early January * Update DTS surplus stock counts of iPads and cases and purchase if needed Inventory Clerk  and Manager IT
Early February Review E&C and Insurance documents for updates and revisions CIO, LTP Manager and ITC Team
Early February Review Student Services needs for full sized iPads and summer ESY access  LTP Manager
Early March Review previous year’s usage of Insurance pool and determine fee for following year Manager IT and LTP Manager
Mid-March Review school stock on hand and recover excess inventory housed at schools Inventory Clerk
Before Spring break Send email to parents on care during the holidays Help Desk
After Spring break  Send parent survey  CIO and LTP Manager
After Spring break Send student survey CIO and LTP Manager
After Spring break Send teacher survey CIO and LTP Manager
After Spring break Send survey to school support staff for input and feedback on LTP processes LTP and Support Managers
Early April Schedule meeting with Student Services to determine full sized iPad needs for following year LTP and Support Managers
Early April Find out about summer school needs and plan for summer school iPad use LTP and Support Managers
Mid-April Review LTP support processes DTS, LTP, Help Desk and Support Managers
Mid to late April  Student order for iPads and Accessories for refresh and growth  Manager IT and Purchasing
Late April Update DTS surplus stock counts of iPads and accessories and purchase if needed Inventory Clerk and Manager IT
Late April Send reminder to schools for student iPad collection process LTP Manager
Early May Review school stock on hand and recover excess inventory housed at schools Inventory Clerk
Early May Request updated points of contact from schools for LTP processes Help Desk and ITC team
Early May Send reminder to schools for teacher iPad collection process LTP Manager
Early May Send reminder to schools for students to email Apple ID to themselves as a reminder next year LTP Manger
Mid-May Request supplemental accessories orders from schools DTS Office
Late May Purchase replacement iPads for any insured and not able to be repaired Bench Tech and Manager IT
Early June * Schedule deliveries of student iPads and accessories based on school distribution schedule Warehouse
Early June Unassign all users from devices designated for LTP students Support Manager
Early July * Update DTS surplus stock counts of iPads and accessories and purchase if needed   LTP Manager
Mid- July Revoke VPP licenses for paid apps Support Manager
Mid-July Review iPal account and purchase VPP vouchers  LTP Manager
Late July *  Create list of outstanding insurance, missing and repair fees to share with schools  IC Manager
Late July * Remove iPad data on insurance usage from IC IC Programmer
Late July * Send reminder to schools of staff iPad and laptop request process LTP Manager
 Late July *  Update VPP token and APNS certificates  MDM Admin
Late July * Collect ESY iPads and complete Student Services iPad transfers Inventory clerk
Early Summer * Complete audit of MDM admin accounts based on staffing changes LTP MDM Admin
Early Summer  Request updated LTP point of contacts from schools LTP Manager
Summer Case and tag new iPad purchases DTS and Student summer help
Summer  Purchase replacement iPads for retired stock  LTP Manager
Summer * Parts order for school stores and review pricing for SVVSD Tech store and IC fees DTS Office, Bench Tech
Summer * Review content of Mac and iPad email drips for updates Help Desk and ITC team
Summer Review support articles and topic pages for updates
Summer Review IC Shoutpoints and AdHocs Help Desk, LTP team
Summer * Remove Digital Detention settings from all iPads LTP MDM Admin
Late Summer Send reminder to schools to re-order stock (cables, cases, chargers, stands) for school store DTS Office
Late Summer Send reminder to parents to create Apple ID Help Desk
 Late Summer  Update “Class of’ groups in MDM for settings  Support Manager
 Late Summer  Schedule content for Family Connections Newsletter  LTP Manager

Items marked with an * are also listed on the LTP calendar.

Last updated by bourgeois_michelle on 2017-07-03 02:52:04