What support tools does DTS make available for schools?
- Destiny for student iPad checkout
- LANrev (formerly Absolute) MDM for managing iPads
- Apple ID U13 program to request an Apple ID for a new student who is under the age of 13.
- The SVVSD Tech store to purchase replacement accessories for sale to students
- Service Desk Schools portal to search for open tickets
- Infinite Campus
- Network login tab for viewing insurance status, asset tag and serial number
- iPad ID (under the Index page) for locating the current user of an iPad by searching for asset tag or serial number
- iPad Fees for allowing students to purchase accessories from your school
- AdHoc reports to determine any outstanding iPad fees and to generate a list of students with no iPad checked out
- Messenger templates for pre-created email messages to send to parents with introductory information and messages to communicate about fees and repairs.
Where does information live about student iPads?
- Destiny is the authoritative source for checking out iPads to students
- MDM is the authoritative source for enrolling a student in their iPad
- IC/RevTrack is the authoritative source for any outstanding fees for lost/missing and repair costs
- IC/RevTrack is the authoritative source for insurance status
- Service Desk is the authoritative source for information on repair status
- Note: The Network login tab and the iPad ID link in IC collates much of this information, but the data is read from the sources above nightly.
What information is located in IC for students?
On the Network login tab, you can see the following information:
- iPad Serial number and Asset Tag number
- Participation in optional insurance and if insurance has been applied to a repair
How do I locate information about an iPad that was found and turned in to me?
If you need to search for an iPad by asset tag or serial number (such as one left behind in a classroom), log into IC and in the Index select iPad ID. A new tab will open that will allow you to search.
What messages are pre-loaded for me in ShoutPoint and how do I access them?
In shoutpoint, you will find the following messages available for your use:
- Pre-distribution messages to remind parents about your orientation and your distribution dates
- Post-distribution messages to help parents learn more about the iPad
- A message to send when a student iPad has been serviced
To access these messages, click here for directions.
What other tools are available to my school to assist in managing our iPads?
The district uses LANrev (formerly Absolute) MDM to manage student and teacher iPads. More information on using this tool can be found here. Trainings are held 2-3 times per year for new users.
How do we help late enrollees who are under 13 create Apple IDs?
DTS will upload each new class of 6th graders into the Apple Under 13 program during the first week of August each year. It is essential that you confirm that each family has an accurate guardian email address listed in IC at least a week prior. (Note: An update to this process is anticipated in the summer of 2016. More information will be shared with schools as it is made available by Apple)
For enrollees who enter your school after the initial distribution, use the form located at http://bit.ly/appleidu13 to request that an invitation for the new student. BEFORE you submit, make sure that the student information is entered and accurate in IC.
For more information about the Apple ID for students program, click here.
How do we handle replacement iPad mini accessories?
Once your school receives the iPad minis, there will be instances of lost and damaged accessories. DTS will provide schools with a supply of accessories to use for resale to your students.
The schools will charge the students for any accessories that are missing or damaged using the “iPad accessories” fee in Infinite Campus. Once paid, the school will use this school stock to provide a replacement to the student. The money from these sales will be deposited in a school student activity account. Current suggested costs are available in the documentation for Check-In.
When the initial items have been distributed, it is up to the school to replenish the replacement items using the funds available in the student activity account. This can be done via the SVVSD Tech Store. Exact pricing for restocking is subject to change based on our current costs.
Last updated by mccormick_nick on 2016-03-04 00:32:56