From Apple Support: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5668
- Inform your school administrator and SRO.
- Try to locate your device
- Secure your information
- If still not found, complete a report with your school
Important: If your iPad is lost and you locate it using the steps below (and it is not in your home, car, at school, etc), Do Not try to retrieve it yourself. If you locate the iPad, contact the school SRO to assist in retrieving it from any unknown location.
- First, inform your school administrator and your School Resource Officer that your district-issued iPad is missing. Then walk through the steps below.
- How to locate your device.
|Attempt to locate your device using Find My iPhone on a laptop or desktop at icloud.com/find, or using the free Find My iPhone app on your iPhone or another Apple mobile device. From either the website or the app above, enter your Apple ID and password (see screenshot at left).|
|Once you log in, a map will appear with an indicator to show where on the map your iPad is located. In this example, my iPad is in the Clover Basin ESC building.|
If you have more than one Apple device on your Apple ID login, click All Devices at the top of your screen, then select the device you want to locate.
In the list, the dot next to the device indicates its status:
If Find My iPhone can’t locate a device, the last known location is displayed for up to 24 hours. Select “Notify me when found” to get an email when it comes online.
Other options: Play Sound, Lost Mode, and Erase iPad. (see screenshot on right)
How to secure your personal information until the iPad is recoveredMore on Locate your device from Apple
- Put the device in Lost Mode to set a 4-digit passcode and lock the device. If you already set a 4-digit passcode on your iPad, that will be used to lock it. In Lost Mode you can display a custom message with your phone number on the screen of your lost device. While the device is in Lost Mode, you can also keep track of changes to your device’s location.
More on Lost Mode from Apple
Note: Erase iPad option – DO NOT do this because when you erase your iPad, you will no longer be able to locate it using Find My iPhone.
- What to do if your iPad is not located or recovered.
Use the Loss Report Form supplied by your school to report your lost or stolen device to District Technology Services and to local law enforcement. You will be charged for the cost of the device if it is not recovered.
If you did not enable Find My iPhone on your missing device or still cannot locate the device.
If you did not enable Find My iPhone before it was lost or stolen, you can’t use it to locate or protect your device. At this point DTS may be able to locate your device using our MDM. To authorize DTS to use this option, your school administration will need to submit a work ticket on your behalf to request that tracking be enabled.
Last updated by mccormick_nick on 2016-02-26 10:42:15