Using iTunes on a Mac or PC
(Scroll down for directions for an iOS device)
- Open the iTunes application. Make sure that you are logged in to iTunes using the correct Apple ID. You can access your account through the Account tab, View My Account.
- Enter your Apple ID Password and click View Account.
- Select Account and click Edit next to Payment Type.
- Select None, remove credit card information and click Done.
Using an iPad, iPod touch or iPhone
- Open the App Store App. Make sure that you are logged in to iTunes using the correct Apple ID. Swipe down to the bottom of the screen until you see your Apple ID login and tap on the account name.
- Once prompted with Apple ID, tap View Apple ID, then tap Payment Information.
- Under Payment Type, select None. Your credit card details will immediately be removed. Select Done.