To determine if the Chromebook is supported by the Learning Technology Plan (LTP), take a look at the asset tag. Asset tags that are BLUE are LTP purchases and will follow the LTP directions below. If the asset tag is RED or GREEN, then the Chromebook is not an LTP purchase and should use the non-LTP directions below.
LTP Chromebook: (Work ticket must be generated)
- DTS Shop Tech will facilitate repair with vendor and provide a replacement immediately.
- Not covered – accidental or intentional damage
- DTS Shop Tech will work with the school and Risk Management to determine if the device should be repaired or replaced. School will not have the option of declining the repair or replacement charge.
- Out of warranty – normal component failure/wear and tear
- DTS Shop Tech will repair or replace at our discretion and will provide a replacement immediately.
Non-LTP Chromebook: (Work ticket must be generated)
- DTS Shop Tech will facilitate repair with vendor and return to the site when received from vendor.
- Out of warranty or not covered
- DTS Shop Tech will repair, dependent upon available parts, at no charge.
- If no parts available, the domain management license will be removed from the Chromebook and the Chromebook will be recycled or returned to the school as requested.
- School may purchase a new replacement Chromebook (and optionally submit claim through Risk Management in the case of accidental damage) OR
- School may facilitate their own repair with the vendor using directions listed on the vendor website. When Chromebook is repaired, use the directions at bit.ly/enrollchrome to enroll in domain.