The St. Vrain Valley School District Technology Services Mobile Device Management (MDM) tool, Jamf, is used to provide support and management of district iPads. Both school staff and District Technology Services (DTS) can use Jamf to perform tasks on iPads remotely.
School staff can use Jamf Control to perform the following tasks on student iPads assigned to their school:
- Identify particular devices (such as primary devices) to allow access to some apps in Self Service
- Install and remove configuration profiles such as Elevated Restrictions
- Clear passcodes
- Remote erase devices
DTS Staff can additionally:
- Perform actions on a staff-issued and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) iPads
Only designated DTS Administrators can:
- Initiate tracking on a device
- Enter and edit custom field data such as site and asset tag
- Add apps, books and other media to the Self Service app store
School staff who receive approval from their administrator and complete the Jamf Control training can receive access to the Jamf Control tool. To request training please submit a work ticket. DTS holds regular training opportunities based on need.
If designated by their principal, staff members with Jamf Control access may report lost iPads through Jamf Control, which will immediately send commands to disable the reported iPads.
Additional troubleshooting information can be found in the support knowledge base .