LTP – MDM School Managers and District Technology Services (DTS) have the ability to remote erase district iPads using Jamf Control.
When should this command be used?
This command is used when a student leaves the school without erasing the iPad assigned to them. It should never be used on an iPad that is lost or missing, as it will keep the user and DTS from locating the device.
To Remote Erase an iPad using Jamf Control:
- Open a Web browser and go to jamfcontrol.svvsd.org
- Log in with your district username and password
- From the Start Here tab choose the location the district iPad is assigned to, then select All Devices
- On the Device List tab, enter the asset tag number in the Search box to locate the iPad or check the boxes next to the the device(s) that you want to erase
- One selected, click the Commands tab
- Confirm the correct device(s) is listed under Selected Devices, and click Erase Device
- The Apple logo will appear on the screen of the iPad as it goes through the process of erasing
- Once completed, the district iPad(s) will appear at the initial Welcome screen will be ready for a new user to enroll