If a district iPad has become disabled or the passcode cannot be cleared, it will need to be restored and re-enrolled.
Note: A computer running macOS Catalina or later, or has iTunes installed, is required for the restore process.
iPad Restore Steps
- Plug the Lightning-to-USB cable into the computer, but do NOT connect the cable to the iPad
- Turn off the iPad by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button on the top of the iPad until the red slider appears, then slide to turn off
3. While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the Lightning-to-USB cable to the iPad
4. The device will turn on after the cable is connected
5. Continue holding the Home button until a message on the computer screen appears stating There is a problem with the iPad that requires it to be updated or restored
6. When this screen appears, release the Home button
7. Click Restore to restore the device
8. Click Restore and Update to confirm
9. The computer erases the device and installs the latest iPadOS software
10. The iPad will restart when it has completed restoring to factory settings
The district iPad is now ready to enroll as a St. Vrain Valley School District Staff or Student Device.
For more detailed instructions, check out this Apple Support Site.