Note: This process can take 30 minutes or more per device, but multiple devices can be updated at the same time.
Chromebook laptop computers are set to automatically update and often will only need to be left powered on for about 15-30 minutes in order to receive updates. This article will outline how to make sure your Chromebook is running the latest version.
- Log into the Chromebook using any valid St. Vrain Valley School District (SVVSD) credentials
- Click the clock icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen
- Click on Settings
4. Once Settings is open, click on About Chrome OS
5. A new window will open and will often immediately begin checking to see if you are on the latest supported version and if not will start the download to bring the device up to the current version
6. If you wish to start this manually simply click on Check for Updates
7. After the update is complete, the Chromebook will prompt you to restart to complete installation