If an iPad purchased as part of the LTP requires service, the following steps should be followed before sending it to DTS for repair. (For non-LTP iPads, use the following steps for requesting service)
- Search this Support Knowledge Base for troubleshooting tips or contact your in school support person to confirm that the device must be sent in for service.
- Use the Mobile Devices work ticket submission form to request service. If this is a student-assigned iPad, a staff member will need to complete the form on behalf of the student.
- BEFORE sending the device in to DTS:
- Back up your iPad
- Turn off iCloud (if this is a non-LTP iPad, also disable the passcode)
- Print the delivery ticket generated as part of the work order and attach to the iPad. For LTP supported iPads, the DTS iPad inventory clerk will collect the iPad and issue a replacement. Pickup and Delivery schedules can be found in this post.
- If you do not turn off iCloud or passcode on a non-LTP provided prior to sending to DTS, it will be returned to you unrepaired as it cannot be serviced until this is completed.
- If this is a staff or student device covered under the LTP optional insurance, you will not be charged for the repair provided this is the first incident.
- If this is a non-mill funded (non-LTP) device – indicated by a red asset tag – your department or school will be billed for the repair.
- Payment for repairs must be received before service will be completed or a replacement device will be issued.
- The amount of time required for repair and return is dependent on the type of service needed.