How is Education Data Used?
The use of data helps guide parents, teachers, schools, districts and state leaders as we work together to improve student achievement so all children graduate ready for college and career. While using data effectively to guide improvement in instruction and student achievement, the Colorado Department of Education and St. Vrain Valley School District takes seriously its moral and legal responsibility to protect student privacy and ensure data confidentiality.
St.Vrain’s annual FERPA notification to parents is included in the St. Vrain Behavioral Codebook
Resources for Parents
- 8 Things You Should Know about Student Data
- Student Information Privacy and Protection Policy(JRCB*)
- List of programs (websites, computer applications, iOS apps, etc.) used in St. Vrain Valley Schools
- How Data Can Help Teachers
- The Data Quality Campaign
Colorado Department of Education (CDE) has created and gathered the following resources to help parents understand what data is collected about students and how that data is used. If you have questions, contact the Data Privacy Office at email@example.com.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) General Guidance for Parents
- About the Family Policy Compliance Office – U.S Dept. of Education (FPCO)
- A Parent’s Guide to Student Data Privacy, created by ConnectSafely, Future of Privacy Forum and the PTA
- What Data is Collected?