Section 1: User Expectations St. Vrain Valley School District (“District”) supports access by students, parents/guardians, teachers and administrators to informational resources that will improve participation in a child’s education and improve communication between students, parents/guardians, teachers and administrators.
A) Rights and Responsibilities
This access is a free service offered to all current and active parents/guardians of District students. Access to student information over the Internet is a privilege, not a right. Only after a family has enrolled their child(ren) in District will a parent/guardian be authorized to activate an Infinite Campus Parent Portal account. Once a student withdraws or graduates from District, such access will be deactivated. Parents/guardians and staff must understand and practice proper and ethical use.
B) Information Accuracy Responsibilities
Information accuracy is the joint responsibility of District, parents/guardians, and students. Each school will make every attempt to ensure information is accurate and complete. If a parent/guardian or student discovers any inaccurate information, they will notify their school immediately.
C) Accessible Information
District reserves the right to discontinue the use of the Parent Portal at any time. District reserves the right to add, modify or delete functions viewed via the Parent Portal at any time without notice, including, but not limited to, the functions listed below:
- Demographic data
- Class schedules
- Immunization records
D) Parent Portal Access
Upon student registration of a child(ren), the District will provide the parent/legal guardian with his/her own unique account to view information relating to the child(ren) of the parent/legal guardian identified in the current District records. District, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to request that a parent/guardian bring photo identification to the school in order to verify his/her identity should any question arise concerning the validity of the acceptance of this Agreement.
E) Use of Parent Portal
Parents/guardians are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Parents/guardians agree to act in a responsible, civil, ethical, and legal manner.
- Parents/guardians will not attempt to harm or destroy the school, District’s data, or networks.
- Parents/guardians will not attempt to access information concerning students other than that of their own child(ren) or any account assigned to another person.
- Parents/guardians will not use the Parent Portal or District’s networks for any illegal activity, including, but not limited to violation of Federal and State Data Privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws will be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- Parents/guardians who identify a security problem within the Parent Portal must notify their school immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
- Parents/guardians will not share their password or allow anyone other than himself or herself to use their Parent Portal account, including their own child(ren).
- Parents/guardians will not set any computer to automatically log in to the Parent Portal.
- Parents/guardians will log out of their Parent Portal user account when they are not at their computer.
F) Electronic Monitoring
All parents/guardians who use the parent portal to access their child(ren)’s information consent to electronic monitoring and understand that they are granted access to a private network used as an educational tool by District employees and students. Account activity is electronically recorded.
G) Limitation of District Liability District will use reasonable measures to protect student information from unauthorized viewing. DISTRICT WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF DISTRICT’S SYSTEM OR INTERNET. District will not be responsible for actions taken by parents/guardians or students that compromise their student information.