Conversations about the use of digital devices and the boundaries of screen time are important for families. We know that dialogue around technology use in the home is ongoing for families and want to offer some information on how digital devices can be used to make connections with each other and enhance relationships between parents and their children. Engaging with your children while using devices together can elevate the entire experience!
Check out these resources on using digital devices as a family.
- Essential Creativity Tools
- A resource from Common Sense Media that encourages creative play with digital devices.
- Family Tech
- A tech company creating mobile applications dedicated to improving and organizing family events and experiences.
- How to Overcome Your Fears About Kids’ Screen Time
- One parent’s journey to exploring how the use of digital devices can enhance the relationship between kids and their environments.
- Screentime Balance: The Struggle to Find the Right Balance
- A reflection from a parent and contributor to TocaBoca magazine (app developer for building and creativity tools)
Our hope is that as we continue to utilize digital devices in schools in ways that empower learning, families can begin to experience this same creativity and empowerment at home!