Passwords expire every 2 months (63 days). If you change your password right before you leave for the summer, it won’t expire until the end of July. Correction: Keep in mind that if you do change your password while off the district network, you may need to bring your laptop in and connect to be able to log in on itt Otherwise, your laptop will use your old password until you return to the district.
Summer care for laptops and iPads
- Make sure you have Find My iPad enabled on your iPad.
- Laptops and iPads don’t like extreme temperatures, so if you leave these in your car, shut them down.
- Regularly back up your data to avoid losing anything important to you.
- If your device is lost or stolen over the break, contact your administrator as soon as possible. (They may need a reminder that they’ll need to submit a ticket for it.)
If you’re not using your laptop and/or iPad for awhile
- Update your iPad to the latest operating system.
- Make sure the device is charged to at least 50% before shutting it down completely.
- Keep your devices in a secure location.
Moving to a new SVVSD school?
Submit a ticket to get your MacBook Air assigned to your new school.