5 Things You Should Know About the Updated YouTube Filter
- All St. Vrain networks apply YouTube’s moderate filter so that you can be as assured as possible that the content you view on YouTube is appropriate for students. (Though it’s still a good idea to preview before you project!) The not-so-good news is that the filter is only as good as the gnomes at Google when it comes to deciding what to allow.
- Students can still search for and view a wide variety of videos without logging in to YouTube.
- If a restricted video has been manually unblocked by SVVSD, students and teachers will have to use their @svvsd login credentials to view that particular video.
- Instructional staff can complete a simple application process to be able to see all videos and to have the power to approve YouTube videos. Click the button to the right for the application. Please allow yourself 10 minutes to review the information and complete the application.
- If you are having trouble finding what you want, and you are not interested in applying for YouTube Approver status, please contact your school BTC/LTC/ITC or librarian for more help.
Comments are closed.